Join the guys twice each month for 60 lively minutes of discussion on everything from tools to techniques to wood selection (and more). Chuck & Glen, and sometimes a surprise guest, all have their own opinions. Sometimes they agree and sometimes they don’t, but the conversation is always information packed and lots of fun.
If you have topics you’d like to hear covered in future episodes, click here to send an email to the guys. Better yet, give them a call and leave your question and contact info on the voicemail by dialing (513) 443-6651. You just might be included in a future episode.
Below you’ll find time-codes for each segment of the show. Listen all at once, or in small bites.
How do we define, “Design?”
- 0:24 – Are we talking drawings or engine repair? Designing a woodworking project is often more than working with paper and pencil.
What are the elements of good design?
- 2:41 – Proportions and body mechanics go into it, but is there more? Good woodworking design takes many things into account.
Is good design subjective?
- 28:12 – Do the elements of good design vary by period? Beauty may be in the eye of the beholder, but then there would need to be a style, or period, for every person whoever lived.
Form & Function
- 39:29 – Would you ever sacrifice form for function?
- 53:55 – Edumacate yo’ sef.