Join the guys twice each month for 60 lively minutes of discussion on everything from tools to techniques to wood selection (and more). Chuck & Glen, and sometimes a surprise guest, all have their own opinions. Sometimes they agree and sometimes they don’t, but the conversation is always information packed and lots of fun.
If you have topics you’d like to hear covered in future episodes, click here to send an email to the guys. Better yet, give them a call and leave your question and contact info on the voicemail by dialing (513) 443-6651. You just might be included in a future episode.
Below you’ll find time-codes for each segment of the show. Listen all at once, or in small bites.
If you had $1500 to spend to get started woodworking, what would you buy and why?
- 0:24 – Did Glen actually recommend a hand tool (that isn’t a Shinto rasp)?
Let’s break it down: What do you look for in a table saw?
- 15:51 – Trunion, trunion, who’s got the trunion? Nah, that’s a fence.
How about chisels?
- 28:16 – Oh, just buy ’em all (or not).
What’s the saw story?
- 36:14 – Do I really need as many saws as Ron Herman?
The Plane, the plane!
- 45:22 – This must be Fantasy Island, because I thought I heard Glen suggest…
How about a router?
- 53:11 – Really, Glen talks routers again?
The little chipmakers.
- 1:03:11 – It’s all grinding up wood, but some are better than others.
- 1:09:01 – Get some class.