The newest course added to the line-up is “Chippendale Fretwork Looking Glass.” This course is walks you through building a two-piece frame (the base of which has half-lap joints at the corners), how to produce a stable backer of pine for the veneer work on the cresting and apron, and how to easily veneer the two parts. Also, you discover three different methods used to cut your fretwork, and learn about blade selection along with a few tips and guidelines for each. When it comes to attaching your fretwork to the frame, you learn about a shop aid (built from scraps) that makes the job super simple.
Finishing includes using aniline dye and shellac. Plus, discover a water-based product from General Finishes that makes losing shellac shine too simple.
Included in the course are a full set of plans, a cut list and a PDF of step photos (67 color images each with captions) for additional information.
Simply sign up for the course, locate the online courses from the “My Account” page and enjoy working through the course at your leisure.
To continue reading this presentation or to watch the video, you must
purchase a 360 Fanatic Membership.
Here are specific instructions on how you can begin your online course:
- Go to Store/Online Courses/Chippendale Fretwork Looking Glass
- Add the course to your cart then checkout (Make sure you check the box just above the “Place Order” button
- Click the button – It looks like nothing happened, but it did
- Return to your cart and empty it
- Click “Return to Shop”
- Hover over “My Account” when the list appears click on “My Courses” There you should find the online course waiting for you.